FIRST EVER GETAWAYS
The Magical Getaway Foundation (MGF) is dedicated to gifting first ever getaways to bring hope (ie social tourism).
Social tourism is providing equitable access to breaks away from home for vulnerable or disadvantaged groups who would otherwise be excluded.
As 1 in 3 Australian children have never been on a getaway, we are committed and dedicated to help as many families as possible experience the magic and benefits of a first ever getaway.
It’s not about the getaway, it’s what the holiday brings which creates hope for the future:
- Improved well-being and reduced stress.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Strengthened family communication and bonding.
- Long-lasting, treasured memories.
- Happier, stronger families and a more inclusive society.
- Increased community participation and decreased social isolation.
- Provision of new skills, wider perspectives and enhanced employability.
Each family has their own journey and story of hope,
click below to read more.
Boys all finished school on a high. I have a job working at the cafe next door to me. It’s just 6 hours a week at the moment but could be a few more in the new year.
As a family we can really say this year was a game changer for us all, each of the children have grown in confidence and happiness and I have also gained so much from witnessing their growth and in my own self-confidence. I believe this has come due to your wonderful foundation and our awesome holiday.